In this video, you'll learn tips for including holiday music throughout the school year, how to find activities and songs, and why it's ok to just have fun with your students sometimes.
The key takeaways from this training include:
1. "There's so much music out there. Don't get so hung up on what music to choose and just start."
2. "Your students aren't missing out if they don't learn every holiday song out there."
3. "The first place to find resources to teach holiday music is old textbooks."
4. "Look online or browse your local music store as well, because there will be many resources you'll find there.
5. "To keep your lessons organized, keep a binder with dividers in it to have somewhere easy to pull from."
6. "Don't get so wrapped up in teaching the objectives, that you forget sometimes that kids just want to sing."
7. "Start working on holiday programs about two months before. A lot of you only see your students one time a week."
8. "Just have fun with teaching holiday songs. It's really ok if you don't cover all the material at your disposal."
9. "Don't get so stuck on what your teaching and focus on how you're teaching it."