In this training, you'll learn ways you can bring creativity into your music classroom, through using improvising and composing, even if it's new to you. Steve Giddings from stevesmusicroom.com does an excellent job explaining how to really implement these ideas into an elementary music classroom.
Key takeaways from this training include:
1. "Anyone can be creative and improvise."
2. "We tend to think as Classically trained musicians that we have to come up with these elaborate compositions, but don't overthink it."
3. "Improvising is a skill that just takes time, like any other skill. The more you do it, the better you'll get."
4. "Do an improvisation game. Start with adjectives and place names and put them together to make a class composition."
5. "Use the concept of soundpainting to create music."