In this training, we'll go over ways to communicate with parents as the elementary music teacher. This is tricky, because you see every child in the school. So, you'll communicate with the parents differently than the regular classroom teachers.
Key takeaways from this training include:
1. "Parent teacher conferences come around twice a year usually. The music teacher's role depends on your school and your principal."
2. "Don't be afraid to let the parents know about any behavior problem that's happening in the music room."
3. "There is no way you can go to every conference when you have every child in the school."
4. "The children who's parents you need to talk to the most are usually the ones who won't attend the conferences."
5. "The easiest way for a music teacher to communicate with parents is by simply posting on your school's social media page or website."
6. "Another way to communicate is to send home announcements in your school's weekly newsletter."
7. "Ways to personally communicate with parents are to email or call them, and make sure you document it."
8. "Calling parents in the middle of a class period is hard, because it interrupts class time. But, sometimes it's necessary."